If your website needs a boost to move up the rankings in the major search engines then maybe you need to consider looking at Search Engine Optimisation to achieve this..
There are a number of methods which can help significantly improve your website ranking, Using these methods, an effective SEO strategy can be tailored specifically to your needs.
Ongoing analysis will be necessary and by compiling periodic reports to measure results, progress can be achieved in increasing the visibility and effectiveness of your online presence.
To see how your website is performing in the Search Engines, there are a number of free tools that will show how the site is performing overall. More in depth reports and improvement markers can then be set at a later date.
Free SEO Performance Analysis Tools
The Reaction Engine – Free First Step SEO Analysis
Page Rank Checker – Check the PR of website
Backlink Checker – Check the links to your website (Quality backlinks are important for optimal search performance)
- Report on current ranking stats, keyword performance and code validity
- Identify important keywords
- Identify issues to improve ranking – these are divided into on-page and off-page issues
- Send report identifying keywords and recommendations for on page and off page improvements
- Create content for weekly updates on social media and blogs
- Ensure on page optimisation and validate code and images
- Create a quality back-link profile (if needed) for the website
- Set up social networking profiles and connect these with the website
- Compile monthly reports analysing performance for chosen keywords
On-Page and Off-Page SEO Optimisation
Website search optimisation is usually divided into 2 facets; on-page and off-page. On-page optimisation includes title and meta tag optimisation (each page should have unique titles and meta tags, these should comply to word count guidelines and be relevant to the overall page content. Other on-page factors include unique content (not present on too many other pages on the website or on other websites), social networking links on the pages, updated content (new content should be added at least once a week, this can be done via a blog), Images should have relevant alt tags and the code should comply to W3C standards. A valid xml sitemap should be present and this should be subitted to Google at least once a week.
Off-page SEO optimisation includes factors such as a high quality link pattern from other relevant sources on the web to the website. It also includes social networking accounts and bookmarking accounts (log-ins for all social network accounts and bookmarking accounts are provided to the client). Off-page SEO includes the use of tools such as Google Analytics and Google Webmaster Tools to monitor and plan the ongoing strategy.
If you wish to improve your websites search performance then why not get in contact for a no obligation, cost free quotation.